ARTIST NAME: Kim Yang
MEMBERS NAMES & ROLES: Kim on guitar, ukulele and vocals
GENRE: Singer-songwriter, folk, pop and blues
HOMETOWN & STATE: Taipei, Taiwan & Canberra, ACT.
ORIGINALS/COVERS/BOTH: Both, but I plan to share more original songs from this year.
HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN YOUR SOUND?
Soothing, melodious, sweet, warm and deep, depending on the mood of the songs!
WHAT’S THE MOST INTERESTING EXPERIENCE YOU’VE HAD WHILE PERFORMING?
When I was travelling around Ireland last September, I did an open mic night in Galway City. I played one of my original songs called What Have I Done, the story of the song is about some weirdos sent me flowers to Taipei Airport and stalked me when I was working for an airlines company. The audience had a good laugh and even sang the song with me. Some people came to my partner and said he’s a lucky man. That was really fun!
WHERE TO IN THE FUTURE?
- The National Folk Festival 2019
- Small tours around the country
- More songwriting in preparation for another EP
WHERE CAN WE HEAR YOUR MUSIC (links)?
1. My YouTube Channel (https://youtube.com/kim013523)
2. My new website (www.kimyangmusic.com)
3. Come to my debut EP ‘Ocean of Mind’ launch at Beyond Q Bookstore, 6:30pm on Saturday 11 May, supported by Grim Tilla. More details to come on my website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/kimyangmusic)